Thursday, May 21, 2009

Geek day of Geek Awesomeness

Alright, Three moments of geekdom happened today that make me soooo happy i pretty much had a geekgasm.

First, I got the Monster Manual II. Yeah, the Hype? Warranted. Seriously, they have the FULL contingent of Metallic dragons, a ton of new golems, a ton of new low level monsters that are perfect, a lot of old favorites are back, including my wonderful little pet the Rust monster. I love watching PCs scream in horror at something that really isn't anything more than a fluffy cockroach that eats metal and magic items. It's just funny!

Second, I got Vampire: The Masquerade revised edition for 10 bucks at half price books. A steal and a awesome find for a guy who's been looking to play it for ages! I really just need to find the gamers who are willing to play and give it a try.Yes, i am one of those who is looking forward to delving into the depths of Geekdom and playing a LARP, and it won't be long until i find that elusive group and i play like i've never played before!

Third, STAR TREK WAS AWESOME! I'm not a die hard trekie, but i gotta say this movie had it all. Explosions, epic fights, touching moments, geek outs extraordinaire, and let me tell you, it deserved the 95% fresh on the Rotten Tomato Meter.

Of course, i would have the bad luck to sit in front of the religious nut who wanted to debate with me over so much crap before the movie. Really steamed me... and yet... and yet... this movie was just. That. Awesome that by the end of it i was so over with being pissed at this idiot and feeling charged at how awesome the movie was i just couldn't help but jump for fanboy excitement. (Okay, i still hold some grudge, i mean, COME ON trying to get somebody into a religious debate before a movie? How crass.)

Keep tuned for more geekery, as i soon will post my first review of... some system, i haven't quite decided yet.


For Now, this is Matthias the Geek Guardian Angel signing off! (Hope that's not to pompous.. i need to find a catchphrase.)

Acts 1:26
Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias

2 comments:

  1. Dude. Duuuuude. You shoulda said you wanted LARPers. Cause I have always wanted to try that out. For reals. And Star Trek was indeed fantastic. also, the title on the header still needs to be centered. I'm just saying. And possible made a diff. color. I'll work something up? maybe? right. (sorry, it's three am and I just finished the epic - sooo epic- Supernatural season finale. Lucifer rose. it was so cool! in a world-endy, apocalypse-is-nigh fashion, but yes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap that's...kind of an epic day right there. Star Wars, MM2, and Masquerade all in one day is a little too epic to comprehend. I have to agree with you that Star Trek was freaking amazing...the actually filled any plot holes, with legitamacy!

    ReplyDelete